CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

So you Wanna Know?

Day 4 of being kicked out of our home...
Here's the status:

Bad News First:
They WILL have to replace our whole downstairs. All the flooring must go. Which means...all the furniture must go.

Good News:
Our Insurance will cover the cost of the Movers to move our furniture.

Bad News:
We have to pay a $500 deductible.

Good News:
Curtis thinks he could find a friend to help him move our furniture into the front yard while they replace the floors.

Bad News:
He is leaving town on Saturday and it might not be done by then. So Let's HOPE & PRAY they work fast. That will save us $500 bucks.

We'll be sure to let you know when the furniture is out in the front yard..Bring your computer over...use our wi-fi. Make it a work day! Bring the kids...let them play!

More Good News:
The Insurance will pay for the hotel!!! YEAH!

Bad News:
We do have to pay our Landlord's $1000 deductible.

Good News:
He is willing to use our deposit for that money so we don't have to pay it up front. Then we can just pay him back whenever...add a little extra to the rent every month...etc. Very nice of him.

So now you know...

In the meantime, I'm chilling at my mom's house...doing laundry...catching up on So You Think You Can Dance (thank you Mom for saving it for me) and the kids are napping. I must be a little more relaxed because I'm not drowning my sorrows with a bag of M&Ms.

9 comments:

Diane Davis said...

I'm totally confused. You don't own the place. How is the mold not the landlords responsibility to pay 100%? I would think they should be taking money off next month's rent for the trouble it has caused your family. Fill me in.

johnsonandjohnson said...

well, at least there is some good news! Looks like you are still in 3rd place. neener neener neener.

Kristi said...

diane - my darling husband caused the water leak. it is therefore our responsibility.

jennifer - how am i in 3rd place? i am still at the blasted hotel. we are going on 4 nights...and they haven't even started to work yet...so take that!!! i'm taking over 2nd place for sure... look out...i'm on your trail.

Lyn said...

More good news - 2000 or more Marriott points for every day you are there!

And I agree with Diane. That mold & mildew had to be there before your little mishap. I think that just gave them an opportunity to find it. Your landlord should be thanking you!

AMankin said...

that's for the update. I wish we could come hang out at Templeton fest 2008.

AMankin said...

We can't come (Mallory and I) but Ben can be there Thursday night!

The Craftypigs said...

For the love of all that's holy. Good grief. I've been not plugged in. I had no idea! If you need to come here and crash, you're welcome.

Stephanie said...

I've been keeping up on your predicament..poor things!! Hope everything is back to normal soon..Madeline is dying to meet Aunt Kristi!!Love you!

The Unlikely Pastor's Wife said...

Do you guys need help moving stuff? I could maybe rally my small group to come and help....lmk
jen white