CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Starbucks gods Hate Me.

So, as many of you know, I gave up the White Chocolate Mochas. If you haven't heard...read the post below. It has something to do with the fact that one WCM has more calories than a 500 pound man should eat in one day. But I digress...

Yesterday was a rough night....when I have my thoughts more composed, I will write a post to explain, but until then, I will just say it was rough. You know, the kind of night when you end up in the fetal position and your husband is offering Zanex...but I digress.

I woke up this morning and decided that today, would be the day, that I would once again treat myself to a WCM. I deserved it. I worked out extra hard this morning to create a little more space in my belly for those 10,000 extra calories. So I have a bounce in my step. I've got butterflies in my stomach. Today is the day. The day that I return to my first love. The day I take a sip of my WCM and say, "I'm back...only for a moment...but I'm back."

So, I get the girls dressed. Put them in the car. I have to hurry cause' I'm running a bit late for a meeting at work. But it will be worth it. I get to Starbucks. Take BOTH girls out of their car seats. (A task that takes several minutes.) Put shoes on Lexi (who can't seem to ride 2 minutes in the car without throwing her shoes on the ground), and head into the store. I'm feeling so giddy I give the kids money to give to a man standing out the store with a sign that says "help feed the homeless"...even though he probably lives in a beachside home and drives a jag. But I digress....

Into the store we go. Haley runs to the counter. "Mom, what do you want?" I get up to the counter only to see the Starbucks girl with a pouty face and a sign that says "Sorry...the espresso machines are down....no espresso drinks can be served." I drop my head. I'm broken. My dreams...shattered on the tile floor. It's over.

Back to the car we go. Haley looked at me with such sad eyes and said, "But mom, you didn't get your special drink with no whip." No Haley, no I did not. Sigh.

4 comments:

VikingMom said...

Wow. Talk about kicking a person when they're already down. Bummer for you.

You and Heidi should file a joint lawsuit against Starbucks for failing to deliver.

Heidi said...

That sucks... I'm sorry. We'll go out for coffee soon and I'll treat you to a WCM. This is how it will play out:

I'll be a total monster to you for a couple of days beforehand. I'm not talking snippy, passive aggreassive mean; I'm talkin' about like "Heidi needs to up her meds" nasty-mean. Just stinkin' unpleasant.

That way, I will have to make amends by buying you a WCM and you will be totally justified in having one because I was such a beast to you... Okay?

discomommy said...

I am so sad for you. If I wasn't so self involved I would drop everything and bring you one right away.

AMankin said...

I'm so sorry--I haven't been keeping up with my blog reading.
1. sorry Wed night was so hard-what can I do to help?!?!
2. good job for not killing the Starbucks employees-especially in front of your girls :)