CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

O Vulnerable Me.



People. My hair is a mess. It has been for over a week. I've worn a hat every single day to cover my roots. It's out of control. I am so blonde that I look like I am balding down the center of my head. But I haven't had the time or money to get it taken care of professionally. So what is a girl to do?

Have my friend put together some colors for me to use on my head.
And attempt it - ON MY OWN.

The last time I died my hair on my own was in Norway 1995. I had bright RED hair. I was hoping tonight might be a little more successful.

So I'd like to share my journey with you. I am being ultra vulnerable. Feel free to cozy up with a bag of popcorn and your favorite drink, and enjoy a good laugh at my expense.

STEP 1.
Apply color and pray.
(I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING.)


STEP 2.
Damage is done.
Apply Vaseline around face.
Clean up the goop that I dropped on the sink.
Sit on couch in awkward position (so that hair color doesn't bleed) and wait...

I think I look a bit like a Tim Burton character in this picture.
And I think my forehead needs BOTOX.

STEP 3.
Shower it off.
I will not show you this pic.

STEP 4.
Dry hair.
Slight whoops of joy. No horrible stains or streaks. Looks relatively normal. (All things considering)


Best news of all - I don't have to wear a hat tomorrow. I am liberated!!!!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks great girl!

You're braver than me...

Lyn said...

Good for you! Looks great!

VikingMom said...

Congrats on a great result. Thanks for taking us on that entertaining trip through your hair journey...it was, um, entertaining? :) Just don't make the mistake of dying your hair green. That's always a fun one--I should know!

Looks good!

Kristen Howerton said...

Nicely done! And think of all the money you saved.

Okay, inquiring minds need to know. Since you are a blondie underneath, how are you getting your eyebrows to match your hair?

Kristi said...

i color them too.

The Unlikely Pastor's Wife said...

your kind makes me ill. People who look good as blondes, brunettes and red heads.

sigh.

discomommy said...

Nicely done!

World of Wright said...

I'm so proud of you! Spread your faux dark haired wings and fly little bird fly!!!

AMankin said...

woo hoo, well done sister!