CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 25, 2009

Random Christmas Post.

I say that because there is nothing warm and fuzzy about this...but it's on my mind so I thought I'd write about it. (Trying to work my way back into this blog thing you know.)

Anyway. Let me pause and say Christmas was AWESOME and I'm sure I'll post some warm and fuzzy moments later...

But let's first go back to Christmas Eve.

It was busy for us.

Got to work at 12. And we had 5 services. By the 2nd service, I noticed a lovely migraine starting to pop up. But the 4th, I was sitting in a dark room popping pills trying to make it to the next service. By the time I got home, I was feeling better...but then right around 12am...something started to go awry. Combination of different stuff really...

Let's leave out the details but just say I was in a lot of pain, and spent the next 3 hours back and forth from the bed, to the bathroom floor.

I thought of two things while all this was happening...

1. Of what a complete loss of control I had over my body... like it wasn't my own. I didn't understand what was happening or why I was feeling the way I was. And I thought of my friends whose bodies are filled with cancer... and what that must feel like. And I prayed for them.

2. I thought of my husband who was checking on me and very worried about what was happening...neither of us understood exactly what was going on. And it meant a lot (especially knowing how tired he was) I was very grateful.

But today as the clouds wore off and I started to feel more like a human again... I visualized some of the things poor Curtis probably saw from me last night. There were definitely no Honeymoon-esque moments. Pretty much the complete other end of the spectrum. Being sick can be humiliating...especially when you are too sick to care about what you look like, what you are wearing, what you are doing (imagine various sick things happening here).... and trust me... poor guy got to see me in all my glory.

I'm glad he decided to stick around...otherwise Christmas morning would have been pretty lonely!

Marriage is definitely about staying committed through the "better and worse" and the "sicknesses and health.".... I'm glad my husband has stayed faithful to that.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So sorry to hear that it got worse... So thankful that you have Curtis to take care of you. He's a good one - just like you. Love you both....

MyOhMy said...

apparently you have been spying us...this scene has taken place many times during migraine mania... I can't believe what the hubbies have to endure. So glad you're feeling better. Life just seems so much sweeter after these episodes...the appreciation level for good days rises to it's peak. Merry Christmas and I hope you had a view warm and less fuzzy moments to share later ;) Hurray for committed hubbies!!!!!

discomommy said...

Oh wow! You did not look like you were feeling horribly! I am so sorry Christmas Eve was so misearable for you. Glad you are feeling better!